Thread: Rear window '56 Special

Rear window '56 Special

Hi, i've just discovered this great site, and now I have a question that I hope someone can help me with... I need a new backglass for my 1956 Special 4dr ht, it have some ugly scratches... I've spend three years to restore it with a little help from some very helpfull folks in US, but havn't found anyone who made these curved green-tinted back glass (only front windsheild). If anyone know about where I can buy one, please help me

I'm located in Denmark, but have a shipping-adress in California at a freind.... to get a piece of glass in this size to Europe (in one piece) is maybe a little of a problem

Thanks, Benjamin

Keep on riding

This could be way out, but I have been looking at working with glass a bit, and it looks like a lot of scratches can be removed. I am interested in learning more about this, but it makes me wonder if someone in your situation could take you glass to a good glass shop and have the scratches taken out.

Just a thought.

Is your rear window a 3 piece?

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!