Thread: Bar find!!!!!

Bar find!!!!!

this is gonna be a long story.

since september of 2007 my dad and i have been driving around for hours in the countryside looking for a barn find GS...never got 1 until a very close friend of my dads died. his name ws dave. I was also very close to him. Dave was sort of a drunk but my dad always tried to help him out and he wasnt a bad guy or anything just go mixed up with the wrong people. when my dad was working on customers cars Dave would "coach" me on what to do if i was doing something wrong. he would always hang out at the bar across the street and come over to the garage. So fast foreward to after the viewing and people were going down to the bar to reminiss about dave and what he meant to them as a person and a car nut. my dad never goes to bars or drinks but he went down there. he was talking to a guy that my dad sold a 73 eldorado convert to. they got talking about how i wanted a GS. the guy says he knows a guy who is a big cadillac freak but has a 71 GS convertible. so my dad comes home and im telling him about the car that we have on ebay, and then i made fun of him about something but i forget. so he goes i know where theres a car that you would like but since you made fun of me im not gonna tell you. im thinking wow you **** im going to philly tommorow for a sixers game and wont be back till sunday. so next day after we get home from the funeral i tried to get the car out of him but he wouldent tell me so i spend a saturday in philly thinking about this car. fast foreward again until i get home. my mom and dad are picking me up from my friends house and i ask about the mystery car again. he said when we get home were going to dunmore (10 mins from my house in scranton) we drive up and look and he asks me if i remembered about the guy that we sold the convert to, i said yes what about him. as soon as we turn the corner at first i see what i think is a 71 skylark with a tarp over the roof, then we pull up to it and its a 71 GS 350 hardtop! my jaw dropped. the car is really rough, has rot aound rear window, both fenders, the right quarter, and on the roof. it has buckets which i think is standard for 71 GS's. the rear window is shatterd along with the passenger side window and the winshield is cracked. the car is restorable but it would be one hell of a project. the guy that has the convert said if he can get the car he will trade it for our 73 riv project. so all this time there has been a GS in our backyard and we didnt know it. sorry for the long story, if you read it all hope you enjoyed it.

heres a picture taken on my phone so its not the best quality.
    Last edited by lg69riv; 04-05-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Lou

Red face I see it

That will make a beautiful car some day.
    It is handsome now though