Thread: Question about 67 LeSabre

Question about 67 LeSabre

I am new here so hi to everybody.

There is 2dr hardtop 67 LeSabre for sale in my area that has original 340, automatic transmission and leather interior. According to the seller there is some surface rust here and there since the car is all original. Engine and transmission were never rebuilt.

Since I am not familiar with Buicks (besides my 96 Regal), is there anything I should know about those cars? I know that 340 was only built for two years so what about spare parts? Are they hard to find or harder than lets say Impala parts from the same year?

What are the usual places that I should check for rust when I go and see the car this weekend?

If you guys have any links that you could give me, I would love to do more reading about late 60s Buicks.

Thanks.

Whenever you see the words "Only surface rust" beware because no there is rust especially if it has ever lived outside. Look at it from the bottom side up and the inside out.

Bigger Buicks are cheap even if they have been restored. Buy one if the best shape turn key. Pay more up front and save in the long run.

The engine is an orphan without the parts support found for Chevrolets.

I'd look for rust at the lower part of the front fenders behind the wheel, around the rear window, and everywhere around the inside of the trunk. I agree with Flyn, every part associated with fixing any part of this car will be more expensive and harder to find than the corresponding Chevy Parts. But I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. You just have to be a little more committed as a Buick owner.

67 LeSabre

Plobably too late, but use a flashlight and look under the dashboard/ air handlers and emerg brake unit - also the rear bumper above the tailpipe

those been the worse on my two 64s

also the inside corners of the rear window