Thread: FNG to the Buick Forums

FNG to the Buick Forums

Hello,
    My name is Dave and I am new to this forum.I am a moderator on another forum and a member of several other Auto forums.The reason I am on here is that I am going to restore my late grandfather's Buick as it holds a lot of sentimental value to myself and my family.The body is straight and there is no surface rust so I should be in good shape when it comes down to body work and paint.
    Problem is that the gaskets are shot in the engine and leaking oil from almost everywhere and the trans was slipping the last time it ran.......which was 5 years ago.
    Power steering gear box is also in need or a rebuild as it also leaks badly.

I plan on using some kid of oil pump primer to get oil back in the top end before I fire it up again.

Any suggestions as to what I should use for a primer?
    Rides:
    1964 Buick Electra 225(needs restoring,grandfather's old ride)
    2010 F-150 (Family Hauler)
    2010 Milan (Wife's car)
    1990 F-150 (Resto project for the kid)

I have a cut off chev distributor (teeth removed) which worked just fine on the '67 plus big buicks and so would work on most.

You didn't identify your motor or your car very well. You should go into our reference section and have a look. Then you will know wbat your working on.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Oh sorry.

It is a 401 nail head with a TH400 behind it.
    Rides:
    1964 Buick Electra 225(needs restoring,grandfather's old ride)
    2010 F-150 (Family Hauler)
    2010 Milan (Wife's car)
    1990 F-150 (Resto project for the kid)