Thread: ac 62 lesabre 4dr sedan

Lightbulb ac 62 lesabre 4dr sedan

Does anyone have a heater fan housing or know how to convert my ac car to a non ac car also i would be willing to sell all my ac parts for anyone looking to convert there car. I have everything including dash vents, controls and panel, complete air box, condenser, evaperator, hoses anything else i am forgetting,but the pump clutch is froze solid.
    1962 Lesabre 4 door seadan
    2007 honda element (at least its american made by UAW workers in East Liberty OH)
    09 Chevy AVEO (100% percent korean assembled, 70% korean parts, 1% usa and canada parts,) Which one is the domestic again i am confused?

Wellllll.....

The evaporator is bolted in the inner passenger side fender, so the fender must be removed, then the evaporator can be unbolted. Then reassemble the front fender. Next, the hole for the heater box is the same, except there is 2 extra holes in the rear firewall. One is next to the distributor (right above and behind it) this is where the different colored cables come through for the a/c operation. This must be filled in. Behind the large a/c box with the vacuum operated doors are 2 large holes cut into the firewall. The one closest to the fender is the one for non a/c and the other one to the right of it is an extra hole just for a/c. You see, the heater box is attached to the fire wall whether it has a/c or not. The a/c cars had little "dimples" in the sheetmetal where the a/c screws were to be mounted, and the dealer or factory has to cut out the 2 holes in the engine bay and the evaporator in the fender area. All you have to do it find the non a/c heater box, it will fit right in, and the other two holes filled.

Got any more ?'s please email me at mr62buick@yahoo.com

Steve