Thread: Up-Date on 55 Buick 01 / 08 / 09

Up-Date on 55 Buick 01 / 08 / 09

I have been posting the progress of my last few projects on the blog page but it seems to no longer exist. That may be just as well as I have never seen much in the way of comments on the cars so I don't know if anyone reads them.

I finished rebuilding the transmission then installed the engine from my 1953 (which had a 322 from a 56 Special) The car runs and drives so last night I put it up on jack stands and removed all the brakes and cylinders for rebuilding. I thought the hoses would be originals but it seems someone replaced all of them shortly before it was laid up. I was able to get new hoses so will install them anyway.

Here is a picture of the car with all the trim and hood on except the hood emblem and letters. In the picture the top looks white but it's silver like the bottom. You can also see what is left of our recent snow storm which is unusual for the Seattle area.

(I tried the blog page again and this time it went right through)

Last edited by Jim Carmichael; 01-07-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Update on 55

I've been reading your articles, have given it a lot of thought, and come to the conclusion that you ought to sell this to me for about 10 grand and save it from the elements in Seattle... the snow is a problem too.

Could I interest you in trading for my wife, a 12 year old tabby cat, a 1974 Chevy stepside in lousy shape and an 8 x 10 portable garden shed?

You can't blame me for trying. What a great-looking car!!

55 Buick Special

Mr C.

Your 55 is outstanding, you should be proud of yourself for you have a gifted talent like alot of us on this site. Enjoy your ride, because I'm sure when other folks see it. They enjoy looking at it too, just as I do!
    Buick Roadmaster
    Model 76S
    Anthony
    aka Straight80

Thanks for the kind words but since I already have put in 45 years training a wife (and visa versa) there is no way I want to start over with another. The cat and garden shed did spark some intrest however.

If this works out like my other projects you should just wait until it's finished then pick it up for about 1/2 what was invested in the parts with all the labor thrown in for free.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS