- Buick 300/340 Casting Numbers
- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech

Thread: 300 Aluminum Heads-damaged-what other heads can be used

300 Aluminum Heads-damaged-what other heads can be used

I have a 1964 Bucik Lesabre with the 300 and aluminum heads...I live in Cleveland Ohio and had to go out of town on a emergency..I had recently replaced radiator and had small leak in a hose ...and I also have dogs..so I didnt want to put antifreeze in it till I found the leak.so they would not lick it up....( yeah you know whats coming)...so out of town on emergency and it decided it was going to freeze..the freeze plugs did not rupture..but it split the aluminum heads wide open...and it is becoming very hard to track these heads down at a fair cost...is there another option ....can I replace the heads with another set of heads that are more common ???? PLEASE HELP..any input would be great. Steve216-355-0113

BROKEDOWN IN CLEVELAND !!!!

The cast iron heads will bolt on and work just fine. 300, 340 and I think 350 use the same bolt pattern.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

I think 350 use the same bolt pattern.

bolt pattern on the 350 is irrelevant, the SBB 350 valve order is wrong. it won't match up to his manifolds or cam.

i'd look at the Land Rover v8 from 1995-2004. they went up to 4.6L so the runners and ports shouldn't be too restrictive for your 300. the 215 was only 3.5L so that might not breath well enough for you.

also, www.TAPerformance.com should have new alum heads out for these engines in a year or so.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

also, www.TAPerformance.com should have new alum heads out for these engines in a year or so.

Really??? TA may be producing these heads? with some porting upgrades I hope?? wow...I'll be a customer for sure. Was thinkin of pulling the 300 and putting in a SBB 350...but this now presents another option....
    TSF

Here are some 215 heads click here
    You might also want to contact a couple of the people in the Team Buick classifieds that are parting out Specials.
    Last edited by Bob; 12-11-2008 at 05:27 AM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks for all the help...will these heads on Ebay do the job..Landrover heads

Will these heads work on this car...a earlier post on this thread said that late 90's Landrover heads that were off a 4.0 would work.....any suggestions ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...Q5fAccessories

Really??? TA may be producing these heads? with some porting upgrades I hope?? wow...I'll be a customer for sure. Was thinkin of pulling the 300 and putting in a SBB 350.

they're supposed to be issuing new castings for both the earlier "Rover headed" SBB's and 350. there is also going to be a Single Plane intake for the 350.

you might want to talk to them about what kind of cross-section the runners are going to have. the "Rover" style head was used on everything from 3.0L to 340ci so i don't know what they're going to be designing towards.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)