- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: new Regal owner

new Regal owner

I have a 99 Regal GS that I just got and it did not come with a manual. I have some questions regarding the car. Is there a inside trunk release? What is the button on the side of the shifter for, not the one you push down to move the shifter there''s one on the side? What are the buttons on the drivers side near where you turn on the fog lights for they say mode, reset e/m? What would cause the keyless entry remote not to work? I already changed the battery and when I lock the door it rings three times and then I have to push lock again what is going on? Sorry for so many questions and thanks for the help in advance.

Re: new Regal owner

There are seven owners manuals for your car listed on eBay. Click this link to see them. There is no trunk release button inside the car. It's by keyless entry transmitter or key. The button on the shift handle is for Performance Shifting. This allows the transaxle to shift at higher RPM, increasing shift firmness and acceleration performance.

Your dash buttons are Mode, Reset and E/M. Mode pages through average MPG, instant MPG, oil life index, range to empty in miles and boost gage. Reset button does just that when viewing MPG and so forth. E/M simply changes your dash display and climate control from English units to Metric units.

Your keyless remote is functioning properly. Your evidently trying to lock the car with a door open. The three chimes you hear after hitting the lock button is confirmation from the car that you want the doors locked. However with the Delayed Locking feature, the vehicle waits until the last door on the car is closed 5 seconds before it locks it's self. This feature can be turned off.

You can also reprogram the car on the feedback it gives you when locking the door. You can turn the feedback off completely, have the lights flash, have the horn beep or have both the lights flash and horn beep.