Thread: New guy from Upstate NY with a question

New guy from Upstate NY with a question

I wanted to start out by saying hello to everyone. After making the trip to fall Carlisle in the beginning of October I began seaarching for a 66 Special for my Dad. He talked fondly on the way down about one that he owned around the time I was born. To make a long story short I found one near Baltimore and brought it home last Sunday. It was a bit rougher than described or shown in the not-so-recent picture but I got a good deal. I've found some very good info on here and will probably have a few questions in the coming months. If I could ask now, are there any lower quarter or lower fender patches available? I haven't seen any-just wondering if I'm overlooking them. Thanks in advance.

Talking welcome dandy dan

there is a lot of very smart people on this web site to help you out with any question you may have on your new car.

Hi, and welcome to you dan!
    For such a numerous car you should find lot of parts new or used w/out any problem... Here from France where there are no salvage yard for US cars I use to surf the web and I can find pretty more things I'd thought first! Try 'Oldbuickparts' for exemple they have new/N.O.S/or used parts you can shop online, or 'Rockauto' or many else...
    Let's enjoy your job on this nice car !

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to check out a couple of those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydan View Post
    If I could ask now, are there any lower quarter or lower fender patches available? I haven't seen any-just wondering if I'm overlooking them. Thanks in advance.
    I believe you have to go to the 68-69 model year before you can find any. So I think you are out of luck to a large extent except for used parts when it comes to sheet metal.

sheet metal parts

I found this when I was looking for parts for My Riv Try BuickPartsPage.com. Where abouts are you in Upstate Ny . I live near Lake Champlain!!
    Last edited by SFC ROCK; 11-07-2008 at 07:01 PM.