Thread: single to dual master cylinder

single to dual master cylinder

i have a 63 buick skylark. in the past when one of wheel cylinders leaked, i lost all my brakes. when it happened,i was going up hill and at the end of rolling had to do a "flintstones." i swerved into an alley to avoid rear ending taxi.

i want to convert single master cylinder to dual master. my lines come out from inside towards engine, because it's manual brakes, no booster, drum brakes all around. So corvette,corvair, many others have conversion kits, but i don't know the equations,numbers to match up to my brakes. Does any one have any links? I have no problem understanding the technical articles. There isn't much i've found.

mndzblue@yahoo.com

Hi GL03,

try them probably: http://www.braketechsolutions.com/BTSV101/Index.php

Anwar from Braketechsolutions is currently trying to knit together a dual Power brake-master cylinder combination (all drums) for my 1956 Special. Not having the results in hand, yet, I do not know, whether to recommend him. But from email-conversation so far, he sounds as if he knows what he is talking about...

Good luck !

Maikl
    A bad solution is applicable to almost every problem !

check this out

had a very quick look in the hamb (dont ask) & this may help u if not the archives are unreal . later bakehttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41585&highlight=dual+master+brake s

Changed my 66 Wildcat to dual master cylinder using same from 72 Cutlass. Just re-routed lines and bolted it on.......... works fine.
    Fatman
    66' Cat

duel cylinder 63 skylark

I have a corvette style master cylinder to install.It's a tight fit so far. looks like Iwill have to cut the lip of the frame and dent the inter fender well. I wish I could see a picture of this swap with the lines and brake switch in place. My parts came from Proformanceonlineinc.com.