Thread: No One Knows

No One Knows

Hi, Can any one help me. I need to know the specs for my 66 wildcat brake drums. No one here where I live will not turn them because I do not have the specs. The only numbers that are on the drums are K/5 and then there is a 3 at a different spot. No numbers on outside of drum. I need to know a.s.a.p thanks everyone Charlene

12.080" max allowable diameter.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

If your drums are 12" then the spec. that I found has the max. at 12.080" that means that they would need to be replaced if before turning ( machined ) they are 12.080 "...... if they measure less ( 12.040 etc. ) then they can be turned . HTH at least this should give you an ans. for them .
    John
    Guyopel
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

Smile Thank You

I want to say thank you for the fast response. I do try to do alot of the work myself on my car, but some times it can get frustrating. I am really glad that I found this site. I hope you all do not get frustrated with me if I ask alot of question. Will I did get the back brakes on and I did get some pedal back. And the car will stop. It wants to pull to the left now. I am hoping that it is because it still needs to be bleed some more. The brakes feel like they could. I have a friend that has a bleeder. So I am going to try that. Am I correct to asume that if I can stop it is not my Master Brake Cylinder. I really hope so. But please if I am asuming wrong please let me know. As you can see I do not kow that much about brakes.
    Thanks Again Charlene

Red face brakes

you may need to to turn the star from the back side after you bleed them so they break even..

Bleeding Brakes

I bleed my brakes like this if I can't get anyone to help me . Get a piece of hose that fits over the bleeder snug ( won't let air go by). Put it on the bleeder and ensure it reaches the floor or close to it . Get a clean container put enough brake fluid in it to cover a inch or better up the hose at the open end. Make sure master cylinder is full , open bleeder pump slowly and listen . Should hear air passing though , if not look for bubbles in fluid. You can let the pedal up to check because fluid in container will prevent air from entering. You should start at the futherest from the master and work you way in order of lenght to the closest R/r L/r R/f L/f. It work for me