From the Reference Section:
- Common engine dimensions

Thread: And another swap Q....

And another swap Q....

So I've always prided myself on my knowledge of pontiacs every since i rebuilt my first TA. But now i have decided to switch paths and follow the buick way. I'm headed after a '72 Lark but the pontiac blood still flows through me. I know theres pages upon pages of chevy swaps but does anyone know how tough it'd be to throw a pontiac 400 in? I know everyone always wants to throw in the stone etched idea of "throw a 455 buick in instead" but if you could humor my question i'd appreciate it.
    Thnx
    -Soxx

Pontiac 400 go for it

This should by a strate forword swap. Same body as GTO. I like to see done. I'm get sick of seeing the same old thing.

Buick starter is on the passenger side, where's the Pontiac?

new fan shroud, x-member pads and engine mounts for sure. i believe the cross members are predrilled for any make engine but it's not that hard to do it yourself if necessary.

Buick distro is at the front and alternator on the passenger side. different from Poncho?
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

lol its pretty much just lookin in a mirror.....dist is in back starters on driver and alternators on driver too. But i cant see how that'd be a real problem?

Thnx again,
    Soxx
    77 Trans Am- 400Pont.
    95 Trans Am- 350LT1
    72 Lark- 455 Buick

Pontiac man....what can i say?

to be honest,I cant humor you. Buick weighs less, But if you think the Pontiac is better then go for it.