- 1957 Wiring Diagrams
- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the white thing on the speedometer for?

pics

Hi, didn't have time to make a test drive for the system but here are some pics that can enable you to discover the mistery!

for info, as I believe the vin is genuine, my car has been built in Flint, but I know that carb is not original, and I can't find the serial number of the block beetween the right exausts.... If any can help for it too !!
    Last edited by gag67sky; 09-01-2008 at 11:56 PM.

diagram

Mike, if you can post that diagram that would be awesome, or if you want to email it if it is easier you can do that too. I was thinking that there was a ground loose or a hot wire touching ground also like you said. But there are wires going everywhere, so if I had the diagram to tell me colors and stuff that would be great.
    Steve

Looks to be a throttle kick down switch for the passing gear in your transmission. I removed the same switch for a 65 riv that was attached to the wiring that leads down to the side of the tranny.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by gag67sky View Post
    Hi, didn't have time to make a test drive for the system but here are some pics that can enable you to discover the mistery!

for info, as I believe the vin is genuine, my car has been built in Flint, but I know that carb is not original, and I can't find the serial number of the block beetween the right exausts.... If any can help for it too !!
    I've got to say I'm not familiar with that design but after reading SFC Rock's post I would have to agree it's a kickdown switch. From the look of it, couldn't possibly be anything else! On the '68 they tucked it up under the dash but the switch itself actually looks and functions somewhat the same.

As for the block, on the 68-thru 72 350's there's a 2-digit stamping on the driver's side between the first two spark plugs and below the head bolt, which would at least verify the engine is the correct model year, carb and displacement. If the serial number(s) can't be found this could be the next best thing I guess? A '67 340-4bbl is listed as "NB" so I assume this is code is on 67's as well but can't be sure of that.

Took a pic tonight on my car of where to find it....just below the tip of the pencil. Had to use the eraser to wipe off 40 years of grease but it was still readable! Since I'm not really up on how to make the thumbnails I threw it up on photobucket:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-Casting.jpg

Hopefully it's in the same spot on your '67, not like that pesky kickdown switch!
    -Mike

1968 Special daily driver 285K "Roadmaster"

1969 Skylark 2dr 38K 99% original- gone but not forgotten

1992 Chev Lumina 3.4 project- just plain gone

and a '75 Ford Granada project for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by LNMRMN View Post
    Mike, if you can post that diagram that would be awesome, or if you want to email it if it is easier you can do that too. I was thinking that there was a ground loose or a hot wire touching ground also like you said. But there are wires going everywhere, so if I had the diagram to tell me colors and stuff that would be great.
    Steve
    Here goes....like I said, I can't make head nor tail of it:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Speedo-70.jpg

If I'm reading it right it looks like the buzzer is also the horn relay? Never would have thought of that...

Had a friend (who is smarter than me, lol) look at this tonight and he said that since the buzzer comes ahead of the switch, a bare spot on the pink wire would make the buzzer run nonstop even when the car is stopped.

Remember that this is a 1970 manual though....hopefully the colors are the same
    -Mike

1968 Special daily driver 285K "Roadmaster"

1969 Skylark 2dr 38K 99% original- gone but not forgotten

1992 Chev Lumina 3.4 project- just plain gone

and a '75 Ford Granada project for sale!