Thread: Install A 70' to 72' 15" Buick Stainless/spoke Cushion/grip Sport Steering Wheel.

Install A 70' to 72' 15" Buick Stainless/spoke Cushion/grip Sport Steering Wheel.

I just received my 70' to 72' 15 inch cushion grip steering wheel and I wanted to know what I need to do to install the wheel properly on a 65' Skylark tilt colum? I'd want to hear from the masses that have performed this swap as to what (if any) adapter is needed, the best place to buy it and any tips for removal of the original wheel and installation tips for this replacement wheel! I'm excited about this swap but I want to have all the required parts and info I need before I start it, so any and all feed back I can get would be a great help! Doug

I put a newer style sport wheel on my '67. I don't believe you will have any issues, it will probably bolt on, mine did. You will need a steering wheel puller.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

15 inch sport wheels, except for the unique thick grip 70 GSX wheel, were introduced with the 71 model year. 69-70 sport wheel had the distinctive thumb groove grip and were 16 inches in diameter.

Cool thanks for the info, think I'll need an adapter? if so any particular year or style? Thanks, Doug