From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Now my 53" customizing is nearly finished...pic !

Sweet Ride! One Question:

How did you french the headlights? My friend is telling me just to weld my buckets in and then smooth out. I think I should wrap some tin around the headlights so I can get them back in and out without a problem. I'd really like to tunnel them in my 53 but my friend says they look tunneled enough just by welding the bezels to the fenders.

I found the running Buick for USD$1500. Then I found an entire front clip in Nebraska for $500. Then I traded the extra grill, headlights, fenders for welding to cut out the cancer. I still have a lot of extra metal on the side of the house, including the portholes. So far, I have about $2200 invested into it. I am selling the dog dish caps and looking for caddy rims since I have 58 Caddy hubcaps. There are more pcitrues of teh work so far on my Myspace: customcruiserroy. If you can't find it, email me at customcruiserroy@yahoo.com and I'll get you a link.

Have a great day!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roystacy; 07-12-2009 at 07:59 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by roystacy View Post
    How did you french the headlights? My friend is telling me just to weld my buckets in and then smooth out. I think I should wrap some tin around the headlights so I can get them back in and out without a problem. I'd really like to tunnel them in my 53 but my friend says they look tunneled enough just by welding the bezels to the fenders.
    I agree to your friends opinion. I`ve made it exactly that way. I only had to adjust the inserts, so that i could easily change the lamps if neccesary without schratching the inner surface of the painted bezels. Good luck with your 53`!! Hope to see more pics soon !!

Thanks. I will follow your advice as well as my friend's advice. I will just need to figure out to configure the headlight so that I can get to the bulb as well as adjust them. Thanks!!

By the way, I found your car througha car club in Minnesota. I am in Colorado. I used to live in Los Angeles, California until recently. I have owned a 1964 Falcon, a 1941 Chevy Business Coupe, a 1958 Cadillac, a 1966 El Camino, a 1958 Ford Ranchero, a 1953 Chevy Business Coupe 150, a 1974 2 door Lincoln Mark IV. I still owna 1960 falcon in San Diego, California, but I actually bought that for my step son but he didn't pay me for it so it's mine again whenevere I have the urge to drive back to California. There is a picture of it in my Myspace thing.

Have a great day!!

RSS

4. Here`s another pic at a little car-meeting in germany. I think it just looks like at daytona beach.

A diamond in my eyes.Wonderful car.Nice to se pics from
    the beginning of restauration.Useful tips and very
    intressed for me whith a 54.

Great pics,and info. Stubbe.

6. The last pic of my 53` ....cause now it`s SOLD !!:

Quote Originally Posted by the-lowrider View Post
    The last pic of my 53` ....cause now it`s SOLD !!:

SOLD?!!! So now what are you gonna' work on/drive?
    Nate "Snake-Man" Shmay
    Club President/Pinstriper
    "Devil's Pit" Hotrod Club
    Thief River Falls, MN

8. Quote Originally Posted by Snake-Man View Post
    SOLD?!!! So now what are you gonna' work on/drive?
    This is my new one:

The new one's cool Markus, but I still think you should've kept the Buick too.
    Nate "Snake-Man" Shmay
    Club President/Pinstriper
    "Devil's Pit" Hotrod Club
    Thief River Falls, MN

Car looks great! I'm working on a 53 45R myself and trying to find a sunvisor. Where did you get yours?