Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: idler arm question

Interesting, I will do both, 1st I have to figure out where the hell the flex shield is Did I mention I had transmission works done that week as well? I also was referred to a buick tech & he said it might be center support on the drive shaft. I will try all and let you all know Thanks, Clarissr

An A-Body doesn't have a driveshaft center support.

crap

Clarisse you jumped threads on us. Your '64 Riv should have a center support. The guy who started this thread has a '65 A body. Which is why I believe TelRiv said that you did not have one. The flex "shield" is often called a flex plate. Think of it as the flywheel that you use with an automatic transmission.

I don't know how I jumped threads, thanks, for responding so fast, I was bummed about the support thing... I'm going out to work on her right now...

Just about anything you need to know about '64 Rivs. I most likely will be able to help you. I've had mine since '64 with well over 300K on 'er. Sorry 'bout the mistake referencing the A-Body as that was what I thought you had. I have 4/'64's & a '65/GS as parts cars. I should have a new prototype flexplate in my hands in a few days to a week. Now we will not have to go scrounging E-Bay for a bent flexplate that only show picturers of the good teeth. I can probably get you whatever you need or know where to get it.

Tom T.

I actually am looking for the pigtail (only) for my back up lamp... Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
    Clarisse

Clarisse, since it's part of the unit/piece when made you will have to make one yourself. You will have to cut the wire & do some soldering. The piece that often goes bad is the spring. What's wrong with your wire??? I could piece something together for you, but you will at least have to do one solder connection.

Tom T.

That's the whole thing, it's a rubber boot single contact--- the spring ones don't allow enough clearance for the bulb to lock even when I cut it... I have no idea what I did with it, I lost it somewhere. I think I found one that will work though, see below. If this works next I'm going to need a lighter

Thanks Mr. T!!