- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: 65' Skylark front power disc brake conversion

65' Skylark front power disc brake conversion

Good morning guys, I wanted to know if any 64' 65' Skylark owners have used Stainless Steel Brake Corps front power disc conversion? The part number is A123-1 and comes with everything for roughly 1100 bucks. I'd like to know if anyone has had any adverse issues with installation or performance. I would like to convert my 65' to power brakes and front disc for safety and drivability. Here is the link the kit I'm looking at is the second kit down

http://www.ssbrakes.com/products/sea...k/Skylark/1965

Any input would be great, thanks! Doug

Smile 65' Skylark front power disc brake conversion

I'll try again and see if anyone has any input or ideas, Thanks, Doug

Anyone on here with any input? Thanks, Doug

The kit looks good. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be happy with it. If you decide to go ahead and do it, give us a report

I haven't done a conversion, but I am quite happy with my drum brakes.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Cool thanks Bob, I'll keep you guys updated and when I do the conversion I'll take plenty of pics to post. Doug

Try www.scarebird.com before you spend that kind of money. Also look at Ebay.

I just put a SSB disc conversion setup on my 64 Skylark. Everything fit great. No issues whatsoever. Was a bit more money than most kits. But decided to use SSB as it's the only kit I could find that will fit the stock 14" rally wheels. Most kits require 15" rims. Good luck on your conversion....you'll love the discs. While I was at it....I installed SSB's front end suspension sets. Now my "lark rides like new & brakes straight to boot!!
    TSF

Smile brakes

I just finished putting that kit on my 66 skylark with no problems at all. I also used all the new ball joints. and rod ends from them. Everything looks and goes together very nice. I haven't finished the car yet so don't know how it drives. You get what you pay for.