Thread: Wheel and tire sizes

Wheel and tire sizes

Trying to decide on wheel and tire upgrades to my 67 GS. It came with 14x6 rims. I would like to go wider and maybe 16 or 17 but would at the same time not like to go taller. I am replacing all my springs also but most kits want to drop the car another inch. I know the lower the center of gravity the better the handling but not sure which way to go. What is everyone else running.

Thanks
    Dave

I stuck to 15X7 with a 60 profile tire. That is pretty much stock tire hieght with just a little nicer wheel. The replica wheel has 1" more backspacing than original and does push the clearances a bit. The original Riviera wheels have only 1/2" more backspacing and would probably be perfect.

There some pics near the bottom of this page...
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/view...els_tire_howto

based on that, using the charts you may be able to figure out where you want to go.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks rcull,
    I was thinking about 16x7 with 50 series tires since I already have a nice set of 16" Comp TA's. With 50's series tires the ride height ought to be about the same. I need to see if they are wider or not.

Thanks,
    Dave