From the Reference Section:
- How to choose your new wheels and tires
- Buick Rallye Wheels
- Calculators: Tires, Gears, MPH, etc.
- Wheel Bearing Adjustment, 1963 - 1970

Thread: That`s my new 53...and now the first questions!!

1. That`s my new 53...and now the first questions!!

Hi!

That is my new 53`Buick 2dr:

Now my first question:

Where can i get drop spindles(front) and lowering blocks(rear) for that type of car. I would like to lower it about 3".

Thanx and greetz

Markus

2. mmmh...i guess lowering blocks do not work at that kind of suspension on the rear axle. What is the easiest way to lower my vehicle ? Can I change the regular coils into short ones ? Changing the complete axle or installing a 4-link-system is not an option for me. Hope anybody can help.

Lowering

You can get new springs from Eaton Springs, they will make new ones to youe specs. Just google Eaton springs. I used them for my 56 Buick Wagon. Also, I think Fatman Fabrications makes dropped uprights for the front of your car.

"It's not your Wife, It's not your Life, It's only MONEY"

dropped spindles will lower it and still have the same geometry and travel as stock, its the best way. Custom made springs in rear will give you a good ride, but you will have little less travel in rear. This is the way i would go. And with these mods you CAN go back to stock, which may also be good when selling your Buick. Heating, or cutting springs is the fastest cheapest way but not recommended, unless you have a beater and want to just look cool. I did that on a friends beater, bakwhen, heated the fronts, and it would drop lower on each side till it was almost on the bumper stops, needless to say it rode like a truck!

Don't lower.... looks sweet as is.

6. Hi,

it should go as low as that one:

yeah, dont drop it too much. mine was slammed and it was hard to go anywhere. if you want it low and be able to get into driveways and over speedbumps, then get a 4 set of air shocks for $100 some brackets and start welding. i did the springs route, it just wasnt a smooth/easy ride.

8. It would also be interesting for me, where to get an external sunvisor for that 53` buick ?

That 53 is a beautiful car as she sits.( But, if it were mine I'd chop and slam it anyway) Anyhoo , for pre-cut coil springs and spindles try Jamco. I've heard nothing but good things about these guys. As far as heating and slamming the springs you have ,don't do it. That's what was done to my 54 beore I got it. The stance looks ok, but the ride can be sketchy and I ( actually my wallet) will have to make a correct lowering decision by the end of this season. My choice will probably be air bags because I want to go lower than she sits now.(Check out mt buddy Richie's low-rider Impala in the 2nd pic)