Thread: New Member Please Help

New Member Please Help

WHATS UP FELLOW BUICK HEADS I HAVE A 66 BUICK WILDAT WITH A 425 I FOUND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION WITHIT BEING 42 YRS OLD JUST A FEW HIDDEN CANCER SPOTS BUT OVERALL A GREAT FIND SOLID CAR RUN STRONG I REALLY NEED HELP IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT IT LOOKS BAD IT NEEDS A FACE LIFT RUSTED LINES OIL RUSTED RUSTED EXHAUST MANIFOLDS PLEASE WITH WHERE TO START

I would start by grabbing a cold 6 pack, sitting behind the wheel, turning up the tunes, and DREAMING!
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Like the Johnny Cash song----one piece at a time---bead blast what you can--repaint--new bolts, clamps, hoses, belts ect. Scrape and clean, a lot of elbow grease with common sense and you will be surprised how much an improvement it makes. You can go nuts like I do and pull the engine and tranny and start from there---more work, but you do find all the stuff that needs repair, plus it does look nice with a complete engine bay repainted along with the engine, tranny and related parts....Good Luck

Get out a can of WD-40 and a roll of paper towels. Spend a little time spritzing and wiping. You will be amazed. The oil pics up a little dust, just wipe it again next week.

Bernie