OK, I had this thought. I was reading where a guy took the third member out of his '57 Buick and installed a '61 Buick third member in order to have an open drive line. And it bolted right in. He added a 4 link and says that he could use the stock axles. I'm wonder if I could do the same with my '50 rear end? Would the pumpkin on the rears have changed in dimension from '50 - '57? I guess I could look that up...somewhere?? Anyway that was the first question.

Question number two. I need to look this up too...but on the surface I'm thinking a '61+ rear end was in the 3.08 or a 3.23 area. I'd like to keep the three on the tree and drop in a '54 322 that I have (maybe 250 HP tops with dual quads and some '56 parts). Could I possible use my '50 stock trans? On the surface, with ratios of 2.67 - 1st Gear 1.66 - 2nd Gear and 1 for 3rd, with something like 215/70/15's and a 3.23 rear, at 70 excel says I should be running about 2,900 RPM. So, if I could get the trans to bolt on somehow, what am I missing (aside from the whole what a pain to fab idea).

Thanks!

Gary