Thread: new to this site and Buicks trying to find out info on a car

new to this site and Buicks trying to find out info on a car

Hello, new member here and virgin to Buicks. I am thinking about buying a 1967 Buick GS California edition (apparently) off a friend. I'm trying to research the car a little and where I can find the info to decode the cowl tag. The car was built by someone nicknamed Buick Doctor and was features in a book titled Buick Power Pac by Steven L Dove. The car is red with black int, 455 auto. I'll try and get a photo up. If anyone has any info on the car please contact me. Also where can I find info to decode the cowl tag? Thank you everyone for your time. Shawn

ummm....no

67 cali cars were 340 motors.it aint original.not familiar with the description but it sounds interesting
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

If you go to the "Reference" area and into the "Years", 67, you will find the decoding information.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Buick doctor was a nickname that alot of guys use. The Doc buick I know was Dave Johnson that formerly worked for TA Performance in Scottsdale AZ back in 97-98 before moving on and leaving buick muscle behind. He owned (past tense) the last of 2 remaining Stage 2 factory test cars. One of the other members on this board or the v8 board now owns it. 455 is a great engine to have it there with alot of power and durability. Drop a 4l80e tranny behind it and youll have 30 mpg as well as performance too.
    MY 69 GS 400 1 of 5444

(455 powerplant with stage one heads, carb, distributor, TA 118 cam.)

Dad-70 455 Stage One 1 of 1785
    Dads 2nd 69 GS 400 conv 4 speed 1 of 213
    Mom- 69 GS 400 conv auto 1 of 1564
    Brother- 70 Riv w/ stage one engine
    Brother- 70 GS 350 1 of 8840
    Lil'st brother 71 gs 455 1 of 1378

new to site

Thanks for the info, from what I can find out from the cowl tag and vin is the car was a 340 post car or California edition. Of course with these cowl tags and the codes on them, they could mean various different things. I sure would like to find out what the acc codes on mine are? The car now has a 455. As for the buick doctor I believe it is the fellow from Arizona that built this car. Getting a hold of him would surely clear up any details about the car. I'll keep researching.