Thread: would I benefit from adding an electric puller fan?

Question would I benefit from adding an electric puller fan?

I am considering buying an electric fan at auto zone, to set up as a puller. (TorqFlo part# 226110, and adjustable control #226203)

My car has A/C, and 63 amp alternator. only other power accessories are power locks/windows

( true, it's almost winter, but I thought since I just put the radiator back in (a new 3 row) I thought now would be a good time to put one on

just a thought...

Of course increased air flow is a benifit in any cooling system!

You are probably asking this question because you have been experiencing a heating problem. Hopefully the fix was in the new rad you are just putting in, but may not be. If the cooling system is all in good operating condition you shouldn't "need" the electric fan.

Check your fan clutch, there are heavy and light models and sometime extra heavy for hot climate cars with air.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rcull View Post
    just a thought...

Of course increased air flow is a benifit in any cooling system!

You are probably asking this question because you have been experiencing a heating problem. Hopefully the fix was in the new rad you are just putting in, but may not be. If the cooling system is all in good operating condition you shouldn't "need" the electric fan.

Check your fan clutch, there are heavy and light models and sometime extra heavy for hot climate cars with air.
    nope, there are/were no cooling problems with the car at all, cooling system is in very good shape. fan clutch is good (only 48k on car) the new radiator was installed because the radiator shops around here wouldn't do a flush on the original one,they said it was too old. (and it only needed a routine flushing,as one would do when changing coolant) oh well, with the new rad, I know it will be ok now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

-BC

Quote Originally Posted by bobc455 View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

-BC
    I didn't break anything.

since I have found out what I wanted to know, no further replies to this post are needed.

I'd delete it, but I see no way to do so.