Thread: Newbie here

Newbie here

Hello! Picked up my first Buick Skylark a month ago and picked up another one last weekend. Both are 1975's and one has to go. So I listed the one that needed more work than the other. Who wouldn't? Thought about keeping both but why not take the money and put it into the other right? Well, just wanted to introduce myself, the names Brian and Live in Lakeside CA (San Diego). Never have owned a Buick before, was always a Mustang kind of guy (5.0's) but have always wanted a older smog exempt muscle car. I think it's a step in the right direction. The car has a lot of potential. Can't wait to get it registered so I can take it out on the freeway. The one I just got had been sitting for 15 years but fired right up after I replaced the battery. I have to track down an oil leak but shouldn't be too complicated. Hope to chat with others about their projects!

Thanks!

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

ah, the first year that the Skylark replaced "Apollo" as the nameplate on the Buick X-body/Nova knockoff.

too bad you're on the other side of the country from me.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Yeah, the Nova! I figured this was the best way to get one for cheaper! Actually, it's a little bit more upscale than the Nova which is great for me!