Thread: Shift indicator for a 1969 GS 400 Remanufactured

Shift indicator for a 1969 GS 400 Remanufactured

I found a guy that can remanufacture the Shift indicator for a floor shift GS 400.
    Let me know what you think. I’ve never seen this made anywhere here are side by side pic's of the old and the new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

68/9 GS 400 shift indicator

Looks good to me. Most I have seen are like yours the inside of the letter is missing. Pos this over on V8buick there are some 68/9 people there. I am not sure but is this pice riveted in with a pot metal reivit? How to re-install the new part. Thanks Bill.

68/9 GS 400 shift indicator

It is riveted with pot metal rivets from the housing it sits in. I ground down the tops of the rivets just enough to separate the two parts. To reinstall you can try and center punch the remaining rivets to mushroom out the stud, or a dab or two of epoxy should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by printor View Post
    It is riveted with pot metal rivets from the housing it sits in. I ground down the tops of the rivets just enough to separate the two parts. To reinstall you can try and center punch the remaining rivets to mushroom out the stud, or a dab or two of epoxy should work fine.

Thanks for the replay. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I do not visit this site ofton enough. Do you have any extra of these or know how I could get one and or the price. Thanks Bill.