Thread: Does The 93 Have A Obc?

Does The 93 Have A Obc?

Does the 93 centry described a few posts ago have a place to hook up a diagnostic code reader. Assuming this car can give out codes when acting up. If so, what type tool can I get to read codes. and where does it get plugged into?

My Haynes manual for this car says 1995 and earlier models are equipped with ODB I self diagnostic system. I could not find any related notes, lables, or info ON CAR about ODB I. I did find the 12 pin ALDL terminal located under the stearing colum. It appears to have only 3 metal pins inside. My Haynes says to take a section of wire and place one end into the TEST TERMINAL (pin B) and the other end to GROUND (pin A). IT doesent say whether to do this with engine running or off. It ALSO doesnt say what to look for after the wire is in place.

Can anyone give me a link to where I can find info?
    Thank You Bruce

You may want to goto one of the parts stores to have them read the codes , it's faster and the other way ( jumper wire to flash codes ) can be miss read .
    The parts store can give you what the code is and what sys. it's from .
    Use caution using codes to diagnose your problems ..
    Example a O-2 sensor code ..could be a vacuum leak from a cracked hose that could be repaired for a few bucks or a broken wire going to the O-2 sensor .. and you would have spent app. 100$ on a O-2 sensor you did not need . Hope This Helps (HTH)
    John
    Guyopel
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

THANK YOU Will keep that in mind. I believe our local AutoZone can scan code. I'd like to see a code thing work before I buy one