263 Head X-Sections
    - Building a High Performance Straight Eight
- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight Eight intake/exhaust manifolds

Straight Eight intake/exhaust manifolds

If any of you guys are interested, I have a source here in Penrose, CO that has built for me (and will probably build for others) a custom TIG welded single 4 barrel aluminum intake and beautiful step headers.

do you have any way to show us a picture. what kind of carb are you going to use. I've thought a quadrajet with those little primarys and the vacuum secondarys might work.

could i get more info on the straight 8 intake manifold.you can email me at timanaclerio@sbcglobal.net.

Do you think he might be interested in doing a triple Holly 94 setup?

How would I go about ordering a set from him?
    Mark Lob

Quote Originally Posted by rdmnstrriv View Post
    If any of you guys are interested, I have a source here in Penrose, CO that has built for me (and will probably build for others) a custom TIG welded single 4 barrel aluminum intake and beautiful step headers.
    rdmnstrriv
    I have a beautiful 1938 40 series businessmans coupe that I want to use for long trips but it is lacking in the horsepower department and I have given up on finding a dual carb and exhaust set up . I have decided that a s.b. chevy would be the easy way out but I really don't want to give the straight eighy uop so if your friend would be interested in doing a intake and exhaust system for me please let me know before I start to cut my car up for the conversion .
    Thank you Roger RTOPPENBERG@msn.com
    ( 515 ) 233 - 2076

Hey racer! What is the casting number on that motor? I have inherited an early straight 8 head and am having trouble figuring out what it's from. I have 2 other motors from a 48 and 53 and it is different. Sorry to get off topic here but any help is appreciated.
    P.S. I own a cylinder head porting business and am in the middle of doing some port testing on some later 248/263 heads. So if you have any questions in this area feel free to ask away!

If you want a 41 dual setup, I have a couple big series setups. Email me at buick_36@yahoo.com if interested. If you guys are interestd, I could fab up a manifold with any carb configuration you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Janderson View Post
    Hey racer! What is the casting number on that motor? I have inherited an early straight 8 head and am having trouble figuring out what it's from. I have 2 other motors from a 48 and 53 and it is different. Sorry to get off topic here but any help is appreciated.
    P.S. I own a cylinder head porting business and am in the middle of doing some port testing on some later 248/263 heads. So if you have any questions in this area feel free to ask away!
    Janderson
    I have my car stored in a friends garage and it might be a few days before anyone is able to get me in because he has moved to another town to a retirement home . When I get access to it I will forward it to you .
    I am wanting to get some port work done on my 248 head so if you would be interested in working on it let me know and you can fill me in on what you have learned about coming up with more H.P. and compression .
    Thanks Roger

Quote Originally Posted by 36 Century View Post
    If you want a 41 dual setup, I have a couple big series setups. Email me at buick_36@yahoo.com if interested. If you guys are interestd, I could fab up a manifold with any carb configuration you can think of.
    I tried to email you but wasn't able to get through for some reason .
    I really am looking for some way to get dual carbs and exhaust on my 248 so I can aquire the additional H.P. needed to retain the engine . I stay up late so my phone number is ( 515 ) 233-2076 or you can email me yours and a good time for me to call you and I will.
    Thank you Roger

RTOPPENBERG@msn.com