Thread: 1951 Roadmaster front end swap? Any Ideas?

1951 Roadmaster front end swap? Any Ideas?

I have a 1951 Roadmaster 2 door hardtop and I am wanting to switch out the front end to run a v8, probably a big block buick, has anyone here done one of their on and what did you use? I have been contemplating a 2nd generation camaro or firebird clip after going through it with polygraphite components.
    What about the rear end? I have a friend that used a 3rd GEN F body 3 link rear on a '50 Special, does anyone have other ideas?
    I want a reliable cruiser to be able to run around town or long distance.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

suspension upgrade

As I remember, the front crossmember is rivited in. If so it will be easier to remove the stock crossmember, box the rails, and use an aftermarket Mustang II front end. Be sure to use the tubular control arms and strut rod eliminator kit as the stock Mustang stuff won't handle the weight.

The Roadmaster has a 320 cubic inch motor in it. I would consider building it up a bit and putting a power train behind it. In '52 there is a 4bbl manifold to fit it.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!