Thread: Road trip help !

Road trip help !

Hi everyone,

I just joined on as a new member. I have a couple of Buicks now, and I am buying a 1963 next weekend. I will be travelling from the southern region of Quebec, south of Montreal on the hwy #15 north, to the #20 and the #40 west, and travelling to Oakville and Hamilton, Ontario, on the 401. ( nice number for a hwy. )

This car seems to be a good one, and has a 401 nailhead, with powerglide. It seems to be running and driving OK, a little rough running, from a test drive, but I plan to drive it home on a trip permit.

Should I run into car problems, are there any Buick nuts out there that could help me out should I have a problem, or steer me towards a garage or parts depot that know's these classics ???

I plan to be leaving from southern Quebec mid-late-morning of Monday, August 13th, and hopefully arriving home in time to hit Toronto rush hour, and home whenever.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Glen.

I never leave home without my cell phone and AAA card,just in case I need a tow .Are you a member of CAA or have you considered joining?Even if you had serious problems on the road and found a Buick nut who was willing to help,you would still face the possibility of having to leave your car somewhere as you waited for parts.Hopefully you'll have a fun trip with no breakdowns,but if you should,I think you would be better off getting your Buick back home to make repairs.Just my .02 cents worth.

iddie