Thread: Swapping rear end trailing arms

Swapping rear end trailing arms

Also, another query.....I have a rear sway bar, but no way to accurately drill holes. So I'm looking for different stock arms. Are most of the GM rear arms of the same length dimensions? A buddy has a predrilled pair from a mid 80's Caddy. they are a bit taller and thicker gauge steel, and use a larger diameter bolt, but they look to be the same length and bushing width. So.....All I would need to do is drill the body mounts to the larger bolt size.... right? the geometry would be the same as long as the length of the mounting bolts are the same...right? thanx all

what no reply???

what no reply??

I think what your saying sounds good. It's like you suggest if the distance between the mounting holes is the same it should work. If they are taller, be carefull that there isn't interference when the rear hits the snubbers. The holes for the rear sway bar don't have to be that accuratly drilled and could be well done with a tap measure, center punch and hand drill.
    The trailing links do have to have the welded plate on the bottom so that when the bolts are tightened the links don't collapse, similar to the top image on this page.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!