Thread: What have I found

What have I found

Hello,
    I have found a 1963 Buick Skylark convertible with a factory 4 speed, 215 aluminum enginer, 11:1 with a 4 barrell carb. This car has no rust, runs, but the tranny is stuck in 4th gear. There is some body damage on the right rear quarter panel. All the chrome is on the car. It will need a new top, interior, and top pump/motor?, Plus a paint job after the body work has been completed.
    My question is what is this car wrth in its current state with the limited information I have been able to provide here, and once restored what might the car be valued at?
    I have a 1970 Torino GT convertible presently and do not know much about a Buick yet.

Thanks for reading my post
    Ron

there was one on ebay last summer i bid 3k on & lost buy snippers i think it sold for 3800.00
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

Post Skylark Parts Needed.

Hi Guys,
    I am in need of a 61 to I guess 64 Stick shift change over kit for a 62 Skylark. Please advise if you have pedals, springs, anything else that you can think of including the cable release for the clutch, and manual flywheel and maybe a column to change an auto to Stick. I do have a tranny so just need the pedals and master cylinder if it is different from Auto. Yes I can look it up as I have all the parts books but am just being lazy today.

I am in Australia but have been into Buicks for 32 years. Yes there are lots here if you know where to find them.

Thanks all
    Regards Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by skylark4speed View Post
    Hello,
    I have found a 1963 Buick Skylark convertible with a factory 4 speed, 215 aluminum enginer, 11:1 with a 4 barrell carb. This car has no rust, runs, but the tranny is stuck in 4th gear. There is some body damage on the right rear quarter panel. All the chrome is on the car. It will need a new top, interior, and top pump/motor?, Plus a paint job after the body work has been completed.
    My question is what is this car wrth in its current state with the limited information I have been able to provide here, and once restored what might the car be valued at?
    I have a 1970 Torino GT convertible presently and do not know much about a Buick yet.

Thanks for reading my post
    Ron

in need of a 61 to I guess 64 Stick shift change over kit for a 62 Skylark

1961-1963 is the years of the aluminum 215 production. in 64 Buick moved to the cast iron 300 with aluminum heads and intake.

i'm not sure about the years of the GM compact car designs.

according to Wikipedia, the compact Buick/Olds/Pontiacs from 1961-63 are all the same basic design with a new frame introduced in 64.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Skylark#1961-1963
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

golden book

ive been using this while looking for a classic to buy i just happened upon it
    http://www.manheimgold.com/car_lo.html