Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoring -66 Wild Cat

Restoring -66 Wild Cat

I purchased a 66 WildCatGS and want to restore it. This is my first restoration and I have a million questions. I live in N.W. Ohio. Does anyone have one of these that lives near me so I can ask questions? Also, I can not find a photo of one restored . Where can I find pics.? Thanks, Jeff

Exclamation 1962 Buick

I got a 1962 Buick that I bought a couple of years ago. I noticed too that there just isn't much for RESTORED PICTURES of Wildcats anywhere on the internet. I was talking to a guy in Novia Scotia who was publishing a Buick web site and didn't have ANY pictures of a restored Buick Wildcats.

I had the same problem with my '63 Wildcat 4Dr. Hardtop. I purchased every bit of literature that I could find. Went to a Buick car show in my area and took some pictures of an engine like mine that was fully restored. It sure helped out a lot. Hopefully this helps. I've got a few pics of that engine. It was from a '63 Electra. It's a 401. PM me with your email address and I'll send you what I have. Also have some pictures of Wildcats from that event of various years.
    Last edited by SGM_63wildcat; 06-30-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    Sergeant Major
    '63 Wildcat 4Dr. HT
    BCA 42916
    W.O.T.

Restoring a WildCAt

The LeSabre's and the WildCats are pretty much the same car. The exception is The WildCat has a larger engine and the overall length is longer. There are a few pics of the LeSabre on the net, you just have to look around.

Go to this website, he restored a red WildCat a coupl of years ago. He may be abel to give you some information.
    www.paeenterprises.com

You may already know, but get a service manual. I believe TA performance sells them. You can see how the parts look and go together.

66 wildcat gs

ihave a wildcat gs conv and some extra parts
    can send pictures

Well, maybe we can use this as a challenge to Wildcat owners to upload pics of their cars to the "Showroom"!!!
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Not a '66, but restored anyway~

Do you know Bill Burton? He is one of the '66 gurus ou there...
    has a NICE 66 GS Wildcat coupe.
    Ted Nagel
    (6)65 Wildcats; 65 Riviera; 65 Special Wagon; 65 GS; 65 Skylark; 67 Wildcat; 67 California GS; (2)68 GS400; 69 GS 350; 70 GS Stage 1; Wanted: time to fix 'em

Thanks everyone, Any info you all want to send me will be great. kalidawaterbright.net or give me a call at 419-532-3040 Thanks....Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff; 07-07-2007 at 05:13 AM.