Thread: No-Title Car Registration

Question No-Title Car Registration

Does anyone have any experience or info on registering a car that doesn't have any title or registration? I know it can be done but before I invest the time with the Calif. DMV I can use any help available. Any experiences with one of the 'Title Service' firms?
    Regards,
    Gordon

claim as salvage. Cali DMV is brutal.

you might want to investigate the laws in neighboring states. i know in Fla it's practically impossible to re-title a salvaged car.

but i know a guy who was buying hurricane cars and re-titling them in Maine or Vermont because the laws on re-titling are different up there. much easier.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

I used Broadway Title to get my 67 titled. The car had been registered in CA, last known reg in 80's. It worked OK, but I had to have them (BT) issue it in texas (to my sister) since their proceedure doesn't work in certain states like Ohio.
    Ted Nagel
    (6)65 Wildcats; 65 Riviera; 65 Special Wagon; 65 GS; 65 Skylark; 67 Wildcat; 67 California GS; (2)68 GS400; 69 GS 350; 70 GS Stage 1; Wanted: time to fix 'em

As long as you can provide DMV with the VIN, the state will search their records to be sure the VIN is good.They will issue a new title to you. It may take a while, but the system works.