Thread: 1927 Buick Registration Problems HELP!!

Lightbulb 1927 Buick Registration Problems HELP!!

Hi I'm pretty new to this but I'm trying to register my 1927 Buick I bought recently. Problem VIN number was not on the vehicle and when I took it down to the CHP they wouldnt' register it.. Now they are asking me to verify that the vin goes with the vehicle becuz he took the engine block numbers down and said there is a descrepency with the number.. Where would I find the VIN number on my Buick and how can I make sure the VIN number I have is the right one for the buick... this to say the least is driving me crazy...

Thank you .. out there if anyone can point me in the right direction

You will have to do some research on the VIN numbers & there locations. Some are just stamped into the wooden floor boards. You would have to bring this documentation to the CHP & educate them. On, I'd say, 90% of the old cars the engine number & VIN number never matched from the factory.

Tom Telesco

Keep in mind that a lot of older cars during this era (up into the fifties in some states) were registered by the ENGINE number, not just the V.I.N.# And, yes, the engine and V.I.N.'s don't match on old Iron. The practice of them matching didn't come into vogue until the '60's, IIRC. Modern cars don't have them matching either, at least on the European (Mercedes,BMW) cars I work on. Just my 2cents.....-Zach