Thread: An Intro and Our Newest Addition..Daily Driver..'61 Skylark..60's Custom?

An Intro and Our Newest Addition..Daily Driver..'61 Skylark..60's Custom?

Hello, my name is Ron and I have a car problem (hi Ron!). We have 4 classics; 1931 Ford Model "A", 1951 Plymouth Cambridge, 1954 DeSoto Powermaster and we just got a daily driver for my wife Heather. We needed something smaller, v8, air, power steering and brakes. We found it all in this.
    A '61 Buick Skylark. 215 Aluminum V8, 4 barrel carb, Dynaflow transmission, newer paint, newer roof, new interior, no rust what-so-ever.
    So far we really like the car alot. Has tons of potential. We have a few bugs to work out. Rides nice and has good power.
    I've done some research on the 215 and have found that there is pretty heavy aftermarket support. I have found a 2x2 Offy intake that I may consider.

The biggest thing we would like to do is modify it in true 60's style classic mild custom. We will keep it clean and smooth. It will stay black with the vinyl top. Would like to lower it a bunch, add some nice wheels or caps, medium whites, possibly some Bellflower tips, Possibly some lace paintwork on the hood peak.

We are pretty excited;

A few pics of my other cars

I hope to build relationships and share knowledge where I can.

Thanks,

BloodyKnuckles

The "Bloody Garage"

>1931 Model A Coupe
    >1951 Plymouth Cambridge
    >1954 Desoto Powermaster
    >1961 Buick Skylark

Welcome Ron, that little Skylark is sweet! A very interesting collection! I spend most of my time "here" over at "eight in a row..." I think you'll find this is a pretty good site, some very knowledgeable people. Miles

I had a Desoto like that back in the late 50's. The aluminum 215 was also used in a modified form by Rover so there are many different combinations available, and as you stated good aftermarket support. I would try to find a tri power set up as it is great for the street.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Thanks for the kind words guys.
    I had a '51 Buick Roadmaster with the staight 8 and Dynaflow. It was a cool car but required a bit too much work and money to truely enjoy it.
    Personally, I feel that 50's Buicks are the most beautiful cars ever to be produced. They are a true work of art. I will own a 55-57 Buick someday. I love my other cars but know that they aren't as beautifull as the Buicks.

BTW...I drive the heck out of my cars. The black Plymouth I drove from NC to Las Vegas and back. This Buick will get plenty of road miles.

Thanks again,

BloodyKnuckles
    Last edited by BloodyKnuckles; 05-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Iron Lords c.c.

The "Bloody Garage"

>1931 Model A Coupe
    >1951 Plymouth Cambridge
    >1954 Desoto Powermaster
    >1961 Buick Skylark