Thread: 1964 Lesabre - broken bar on top of axle..I need to know the name

1964 Lesabre - broken bar on top of axle..I need to know the name

Hello all...this is my 1st post....I have recently purchased a 1964 Lesabre ...with a 300 4.9 .....now Iam having a problem with a bar that seems to connect to the axle and than to the body on the passenger side...it is bolted to the axle..but seems like it was only welded to the body frame...is this true ?? was there a bracket suppose to be there ?? or just welded..and what is the name of this bar..so I can try to locate another.....it looks like a I BEAM ..there is just one of them on the rear suspension....when I step on the brakes the back passenger side lifts of the frame...I am assuming this is because the bar is not attached....I am also looking for a few parts for this car...mainly bumbers..any help would be great.....car runs like a champ.. a few rust spots....but I love it anyways !!! email me at carriercab99yahoo.com

hey there
    there are 2 bars in the rear suspension on your car
    the flat one runs from frame to frame above the rear end, the round one is called a PANHARD ROD and attaches to the axle on the pass side and the frame on the pass side.
    ALL full size buicks, ie- LeSabre, Wildcat, Invicta, Electra, have this suspension setup from 61 to 64
    nailheads forever

Thumbs up Lesabre Parts

I have a friend that just got some 64, Lesabre,wildcat parts, Bumpers etc. They arent perfect I`m sure but who knows. he has a lot of sheet metal parts etc. I talked to him Yesterday and our All Buick Open in Puyallup Wa. He will send me somes pics. And I will forward to you. He is restoring a 64 Lesabre 2 dr. I have a 64 Wildcat Convert. Check out v8buick.com also for parts and help. Im there under same name
    Gary
    gandcman@hotmail.com

64 Buicks

I have a 64 Wildcat 4dr sedan and a 64 LeSabre 4dr hardtop. The Wildcat is completely restored - cept Im puttng in electric windows and door openers, plus pnuematic hood and trunk lifts.

The Le Sabre is in stages of body work, but I have everything exceppt the rear bumper piece that goes above the exhaust pipe.

Im swapping the LeSabre's 310 Wildcat engine for a 445 outta a 73 Special, Rivvy front bucket seats, tilt wheel, and putting power disc brakes on both. Plus they both get power windows and doors.

The Wildcat has a great 445 innit, less than 95K on original engine.

Would love to swap pics
    butch2nd@yahoo.cpm

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by WildKitty View Post
    IIm swapping the LeSabre's 310 Wildcat engine for a 445 outta a 73 Special, Rivvy front bucket seats, tilt wheel, and putting power disc brakes on both. Plus they both get power windows and doors.

The Wildcat has a great 445 innit, less than 95K on original engine.

Would love to swap pics
    butch2nd@yahoo.cpm

Butch
    No specials were made in 73.

The "445" is in reality a Buick 401 cid nailhead engine.

The "310" is a 300 cid Buick engine.
    Last edited by Flynbuick; 11-29-2008 at 05:35 AM.

Mighta been a Skylark, it was only mentioned once over the phone - I sent someone after it, so didn't see the donor

I can check the vin to deduce what it came outta

He will send me somes pics. And I will forward to you. He is restoring a 64 Lesabre 2 dr. I have a 64 Wildcat Convert. Check out v8buick.com also for parts and help. Im there under same name ,..