Thread: I feel a"Thump"??or a"Bump"

I feel a"Thump"??or a"Bump"

Ok I'm driving my Regal and go around a curve,on my right foot next to the throttle pedal I feel a bump,or thump.I've felt it a few times since,any ideas?It's not an all the time thing,some times I feel on acceleration,or even deceleration,some times going around a curve,sometimes not.I've been looking and don't see anything that jumps out at me,my first thought was transmission mount,but they look good.any ideas?or anybody else had this before?
    Thanks
    Rusty
    Last edited by Rusty; 04-30-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: gotta learn to spell

Rusty, I've seen body mounts do this and also shocks. Check and make sure the body mounts are tight and that there aren't any cracks on the body around them Good luck, Bill

Rusty look at the driver side upper A-Frame where the adjustment for alignment shims go and see if any are missing at the front or rear adjustment bolts . I have seen these fall out and cause this noise ( you will need to get an alignment if these are gone ) . Good luck and let us know what you find.
    John
    Guyopel
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

I haven't found the problem yet..but I am beginning to think it's the transmisison mount,doesn't seem like it's broke but it is the major culpret at this point.I'll get it...only so many things it can be.

FOUND IT!! a 2 fold problem...The transmission mount was bad but the main problem was the exhaust has a broken hanger and was shifting around.Not sure how but it was,so new mount,rewelded the hangers,and now no "thump".Thanks for all the help everyone. I learned alot from looking around with it up in the air.