Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a part for Bob

Need a part for Bob

I have purchased 3 different exhaust manifolds for Bob and have not been able to use any of them. I refuse to put them back on EBay to torment someone else so will take my losses. If anyone out there has a manifold that has not been ruined by welding please let me know. I even bought a dual carb set up but it lacks the rear exhaust manifold so one of those would be nice.

I think at this point I would like to find a source for a set of headers to run dual exhaust then add the dual carb set up with a couple of 97s.

I can be contacted at buick53fan@yahoo.com or call toll free at 1 800 253 8014 Ext 4562
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Jim, What year is Bob? There's a wrecking yard by me that might have one!! I need to stop there and check for parts for myself anyway so let me know. Bill

Bob is a 1952 Super with a 263 CID straight eight. I did manage to pull one at a wrecking yard near here but the rain had gotten into the manifold and when it froze it ruined it. Anothe $150 shot!

I'll check in the next day or so and let you know; cross your fingers Bill

If 56cent doesn't come up with something, I may be able to help...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I sure hope someone can help as this is rather expensive. Bob's Automobilia has new ones for $750 and I have spent that much without having anything to show for it. If someone else has the same problem I hope they learn from my mistake and just buy a new one. I should probably do that now however I hate to after all the effort I went to to save a few bucks.
    Last edited by Jim Carmichael; 02-22-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Jim, I haven't had a chance to look yet, but will Tuesday, I'll let you know Tuesday night. Keep your fingers crossed!! Bill Only cross one because 2 is bad luck

Jim
    I was told that the 41-42 dual exhaust manifolds would not fit on a 48 up Buick because of the motor mount. Are you sure it will clear the mount? I know they fit the earlier Buicks because they use the front mount.

That is probably true as I haven't even looked at the mount for clearance I guess I better check that out before spending any more money. I love my car but one problem I have found with the 4 door cars is that they are not valued as much as the other models so I hate to spend a lot on it but at this point I need to spend whatever is needed as I can't stand not driving it.

I think I might have someone build a header for it and run dual exhaust out the back then use my dual intake manifold with a set of new Stromberg 97s. Maybe someone will have an old aircleaner to fit and I can make it look somewhat stock.

Jim, Finally made it over to check and the only thing they had was also broken I'll keep looking; Maybe Rcull can help you; souded like he might have a possability. Hopefully! Good luck, I'll let you know if I come across anything, Bill