Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance help?

Insurance help?

I'm looking for decent classic car insurance in the New England region. Because I live in The People's Republik Of Massachusetts we have a lot less choices in what's available than real Americans due to "legislation".. I also need a company that will be OK with useing the last 10-12 years of my driving record, which is initially what American Collectors Insurance told me they would. But apparently they were not. Because I have one Operating Under conviction from about 15 years ago they decided to turn me down and it doesn't matter that my record has been pretty stellar since. Jeeez it's a little irritating, as I was upfront about the OUI when I initially applied and they said, "no problem" . Not to mention I don't even booze at all, having quit about 9 years ago.
    I can go through my regular insuror , Saftey. But, they really don't do classics and it's way overpriced. So, I'd rather not..Any ideas?

Look up Hagerty and Grundy. They are 2 of the most popular classic car insurers in the country. Don't know if they operate in MA though.
    David Gramlow
    1968 GS350

BPG
    BCA

Insurance Help?

Hey to a fellow Taxachusetters.........

Insurance in Massachusetts is, as I am sure you realize, regulated and controlled by the legislature...... As such there is no competition among insurance companies..........contact your local agent and speak to him / her and explain the situation.........

Bob

Talking Re: Insurance

I recommend Hagerty's or Grundy's

My Friend who has had several and multiple antique vehicles and lives in Mass has used Grundy's for years with exceptional success.

Grundy's Agents are also Classic Car Enthusiasts such as ourselves and well realize the market and the uniqueness of vehicles and hard to get replacement parts.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bates View Post
    Hey to a fellow Taxachusetters.........

Insurance in Massachusetts is, as I am sure you realize, regulated and controlled by the legislature...... As such there is no competition among insurance companies..........contact your local agent and speak to him / her and explain the situation.........

Bob

Yup that's true..My regular insurance agent is useless. She could only suggest or sell Saftey Insurance my regular carrrier and absolute last resort for reasons who I addressed in my initial post on the subject..Right now I'm trying Hagarty, who have pre approved me. So we'll see what happens...

Insurance

go to www.grundy.com

all they deal with is collector car insurance.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher

Cudos to Hagerty. . They approved me at a fair value for the car (not the sale price, but true value which is a good deal more) ,and have been great to deal with so far. Now all I gotta cope with is a day at the Mass. Registy of Motor Vehicles .

Question Insurance

what kind of quote did they give you.
    Any stipulations

$170 a year at a value of $10,000 with 20/40 liability and a $500 deductible , 5000 miles per. I can't complain about that deal. They have some decent value added stuff too.

That's better than I thought you'd find. Do you have antique plates?

-Bob C.