Thread: Showroom Upgrades Include Cellphone Uploading!

Showroom Upgrades Include Cellphone Uploading!

The "SHOWROOM" has now been upgraded!

The biggest improvement is in the Member Galleries. Now when you start your own gallery, (should we call it garage?) you will get a profile to place with it along with quick links to postings, stats, etc..

I am working on cell phone uploading. This might be nice for shows or roadtrips! If you go to the showroom you will now find "Members Mobile Gallery" click on it and register your cell phone number.

I don't have a camera in my cell, so maybe if someone wants to go to the showroom and the "mobile gallery", then register their phone, that would be great. Then run out to your shop/garage and do a photo shoot and let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by rcull; 01-07-2007 at 10:50 AM.

If you are going to do the cell phone up load which is a great idea, you may want to increase the amount of space to put the pictures.
    Sergeant Major
    '63 Wildcat 4Dr. HT
    BCA 42916
    W.O.T.

The allowable room has been increased for all users. A newly registered user gets 2000k, which I should allow lots of unedited photos of cell phone quality. A complete list of allowances is HERE
    I am open to suggestions.

Cell phone uploads are going to be difficult because it is more difficult to control file size. When taking a cell phone picture for uploading, it should be taken at the lowest quality setting possible. This will reduce the file size.

Pictures are a difficult thing on non commercial websites, because they eat up bandwidth, (increase costs). I don't have a phone camera yet, so am limited in my experimentation. I will get one shortly. If someone wants to use the showroom a lot, they are going to have to edit their images occasionally depending on their site participation level.

I have made a few changes which should make the whole thing more user friendly, so try it all again!
    Last edited by rcull; 01-27-2007 at 10:42 AM.

showroom question

I have a few nice shots of my '48 Roadie streetrod in my files. Is there a way to send them to the showroom? I am computer illiterate, so help me please.