Thread: newbe in need

newbe in need

Ok guys it seems that this site is directed towards vintage Buicks and thats a good thing.I am a vintage gen 1 cheby builder -racer for atleast 30 years and have respect for Buicks.I only know v8s in buicks though nothing in trannys.I have a 90s transfer issue I am not getting any help with on this site.Ccould you guys tell me where to go for tech info on 90s buicks?I need tranny info on a 99 park ave to a 95 supercharged swap.The 95 is the end product.

likely one of the turbo 6 boards would be more applicable. the mid-80's Grand National guys are into all that power adder stuff and the various generations of Buick / GM corp block v6's (3800s and 4100s and the like).

www.turbobuick.com

www.t6p.com
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks Bob I will try it out.I am stuck on this one.I just need to know if the tranny will change without a problem or how to diagnose the problem.I did get the scan done today by a friend on a snap on 2500 and the trouble codes were all tranny related.If I unplug the tranny plug I have what feels like say a cintrifical clutch in first then it shifts thought the pattern solid and fine with check eng lite on.never will slip but with the plug in its a slipper.if you have a buick tree to read the codes were 640-650-712-740-755 all tranny codes.I have no buick code book or Chilton shop books.Ill try those links though.I kind of liked this site when I read the posts as it was a very clean site.I am a devoted Christian so I say from most websites due to language issues or content.Thanks again.

4. Try this link sir, maybe it will be of help to you. http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/

86 T-TYPE (DARK BLUE METALLIC),
    87 TURBO T (GREY METALLIC),
    87 GRAND NATIONAL (CANADIAN MODEL),
    87 CENTURY LIMITED 2.8 HO (MY FAITHFUL LITTLE DRIVER)
    98 REGAL GS (THE OTHER BLOWN BUICK)
    95 PONTIAC TRANS AM (6-SPEED, 3.42 REAR)
    06 DODGE CHARGER R/T (WIFES VEHICLE)

http://community.webshots.com/user/vicious6

Thanks but I see not tree to work by to diagnose the problem.Thanks though it basically shows what the scanner did.