Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid/Late 50s Non-Buick

Thumbs up Mid/Late 50s Non-Buick

I found such a good deal that I could not pass it by. This deal sounded too good to be true, and as it turned out, it was not. It was on the level, which is why I would like to tell everyone about it.

I found a 56 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan. It is in such good shape, I could just buff it out, and call it a day. I have never seen a car of this age (unrestored) in such great condition.

It appears to have been garaged a great deal of it's life.

This car fires right up. runs great, drives, stops, and everything works, including the clock and radio.
    This is a great car, and is going to be another driver.

It is Kelly Green over Mint Green. It is a 56 so of course there are some rough spots to fix, and rechroming to be done, so I'll be taking care of that.

I've decided to go with the Tri-Color option. It will end up Kelly Green over Mint Green with a white, or Cream top.

I know it's not a , but at least it's GM
    Oh yeah, as far as such a deal, I only paid $1,500.00 for this car.

I trailered this car home, but I could have driven it home without any worries.
    Last edited by Jim W; 12-02-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621
    64 Wildcat Ragtop - 64 LeSabre 4-Door Sedan

Does sound too good to pass up! You notice the best survivors are always green/green!

Maybe you can put some vent holes on it and pretend...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Great idea RCULL ....ports on a Olds nice!!!!!
    Dale
    The difficulty is not solving the problem. The difficulty is determining the correct problem to solve!

Thumbs up Nice Ride

Hey Jim

Sounds like you got yourself a nice ride at a good $price$

Wish You Luck and Good Fortune with your new project

I haven't seen too many Oldsmobiles (another fallen nameplate) of that vintage around.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Lightbulb

Hmmmm, ports on an olds. not a bad Idea. Well, since it's not the super or the 98 then it only gets three.

Unless I put the Wildcat Trim on it
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621

Talking If anyone is intersted...

I have some pics of the non ,and if anyone is interested, here is a couple. This is condition it is currently in, as I bought it. I have done nothing to it but rebuild the carb so it runs smooth.

40,000 original miles, everything works including the radio and cigar lighter, fires right up and purrs like a kitten. Runs, drives, and stops like a new car.
    Last edited by Jim W; 12-14-2006 at 03:09 PM.

BCA #40621

Thumbs up Re: ' 56 Olds

Hey Jim

Nice LQQLING Ride.

The Do Make Stick-On Buick Portholes (Venti-Ports) For Enhancement Purposes to give it a little Buick Flavor

Wish You luck on your new project

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Well, it is going to have a little buick in it. I have recently found out that the body with the exception of specialty such as grills, bumpers, and such, are the same as a 56 Buick.

So, I'm looking for 56 Special parts for this car. I want to find the chrome trim for the door windows like what my LeSabre has.

the trim for a 56 Sedan will fit perfectly as would the glass, etc...

BCA #40621

Now that I have had this baby for a few weeks, and after some investigation, the correct names for the color of this car is...

Ice Green over Tropical Green.

Neat eh? Makes it sound kind of exotic

What does Buick call that color? I had a 57 Roadmaster that was that color (the dark green) and white.

BCA #40621

stick-on port holes

Tom,

Where do I get stick-on port holes for my non-buick.
    Rebecca
    1950 Buick Super Riviera
    1958 Desoto Firesweep
    http://www.pangalacticconsortium.com/cars/cars.htm