Thread: '68 Skylark door panel restoration

cougar-67 Guest

'68 Skylark door panel restoration

I'm looking for anyone to help with some good door panels for cores. The upholstery work was done by a yahoo several years ago, and I need to get replacement cores, since the back cardboard-like material is warped all over the place, and the upholstery he used wasn't even close in pattern or color to the light blue I needed. Would anyone have some I could buy? I could re-dye them if needed, but don't want to touch darker colored panels.

Also, if anyone has convertible rear side panels that I could use the material, as well as any chrome front vent window pillars, or whatever they're called, that have good chrome, let me know. Thanks, Eric (ewojcieszak@yahoo.com).

I'll also be posting a thread in the parts wanted section, since I'm trying to get the best chance for a reply.

I accually have a set of blue pannels im looking to sell, will the 68 hardtop pannels fit the convertable?
    -jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

Speaking of these door panels, who makes the highest quality reproduction 68 GS400 door panels?

Thanks
    Mark

Year one, and original parts group both make really good ones, ive seen both, but have never bought them. Looked good from what ive seen.

-jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I am over here from Team Chevelle. I have one of those 68 Chevelles with the GS interior.
    Mark

I am needing some blue or black 68 door panels

Quote Originally Posted by fueler191 View Post
    I accually have a set of blue pannels im looking to sell, will the 68 hardtop pannels fit the convertable?
    -jeff-
    Hi, I am looking for a nice set of blue or black door panels for my 68 skylark, it has the wing ventilator glass in the doors. If anyone has some for sale please let me know asap. tyvm

I have both black and blue door panels back fronts and rear arm rests, what are you offering on them?

-jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

Smile All door panels and fabric

I am touching base with all current and new members here. I have been a member of this site for over 2 years now. I have recently moved from Dallas, Texas to Seoul, Korea for a job. I have been here almost 4 months now and just wanted to let some of yall know about fabric and door panels. I have been in contact with many people here who do door panels, fabric , patterns and ect. I can get a 95% exact match if not better of any fabric or pattern as long as u have examples with ur choice of color or ur example of the closest shade of the color. I will admit, shipping charges are not the problem, only shipping time. Items will be shipped from the US Milatary base here in Seoul. Yongsan Base. Standard shipping will be the charge, for 4 door panels u are looking at 15 dollars just to ship the fabric. I will need either at least one old panel from front and one from the back. If not i need some type of pattern. I will definately need at least the fabric pattern for exact match. It is hard to give a estimate so pictures are the best thing, then fabric sample, then the old fabric itself. Turn around time is fast, other than the shipping, u are looking at a one week shipping period unless u want to pay for faster shipping. I do not upcharge on shipping, what i pay is what u get and u will recieve a shipping reciept . I own a 1955 buick special that is shown on this website, under my user name, and i did the 4 door panels vinly/fabric, sewed for only 200 dollars. This isnt a estimate for urs, but if i paid 200 for urs, i would mark it up 20% which i believe isnt bad at all. I have come across mass amounts of people for estimates and always felt they where asking too much and just by certain events and patience i came across this here in korea and am willing to share my find to fellow people on here who are tired of putting up with expensive estimates or costs, just because my car is old. Our cars should be cheaper to fix just for the fact that u wouldnt charge me a arm and a leg to fix a 1985 caprice that is actually a tad bit more advanced. IM tired of putting up with crap like that and if u own a old car i think ur saying right on right now. lol.. tom gallagher on this website is one of my best friends on here and he will vouch for my honesty. I want to help yall, im not here to make money, just share my hook up and make a little bit off it for extra commissary money or to take a selfish korean woman out lol jk.. when i get the chance i will get my mother to take digital pics of the work i had done. Attaching the vinly is easy to the door panel boards. I did this on a 1959 Ford Galaxie 2door sedan when i was 15 and i was a very impatient person then. U can buy all that in the states. LIke i said Shipping is no more than 20 dollars one way. Pls contact me on here or email me at confessions19@yahoo.com. PHotos or any info is great. I will get a quote with ur pics, and then u can send ur materials, info, patterns, and I will try to fit my paypal account into this. If u want custom patterns those go for cheap prices here, to be honest, they have every pattern i have seen from expensive prada purses, guucci, leather, ect ect.. and these arent the cheap patterns u see at fake brand markets. I have seen famouses purses here , imitation look realer than the real stuff. Of course all i do is get the pattern, the quality and ect. I will not force, or buy anything that i wouldnt approve for my own baby (1955 buick special). If u want seat material or just the materials duplicated.. anything is ok, and isnt just isnt possible, it is gaurenteed! Pls send me any questions , thanks Kurosh M. Contractor (confessions19@yahoo.com) or
    (kcizzley19@yahoo.com)
    (kmc187274 user name on buicks.net)

Tis the season for a great deal

Hi, I would perfer the blue ones, how good of shape are they in? I live just outside Wichita Kansas, zip code 67017. Shoot me a price for them plus the shipping cost.

Hey Kmc!

The Sun-Shine Kid

Glad Your Back.

A few months ago, I put out an APB. LQQKING for YOU!

You have been conspicuious by your absence

You have gone far out of the way. I hope it is worth the effort !

In you post you said a lot and mentioned a "lot of Material"

I found it rather difficult to make rhyme and reason out of it all.

My eyesight isn't what it used to be ( I know that you will enjoy reminding me of how OLD I am) and all the words seem to be jumbled together and couldn't make too much sence out of it.

There are some out-fit that sell complete replacement units in "KIT Form for ALL interior parts. Door Panels, Carpets, Seats ETC. All have original replacement color combinations and textures. I believe you can even Upgrade.

You can get a LOT of Valued Information from this Site www.55buick.com
    also try the "Buick Parts Directory".

In the meantime, when I get a chance I will try to do a little research for You on my Own. It make take a little time, but "I'll get her done" eventually.

Let me know just what your wish list is, and what parts you want or need.

Take care, and get back soon with some info!

Regards,

The Olde" Man

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 12-16-2006 at 02:46 PM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861