before i did this I changed all fluids, took out the spark plugs and pumped some 5W-30 synthetic oil into the upper cylinder chambers, charged the battery...and...it started!!! after all the oil burned off, it even idled smoothly. My expensive yellowtop Optima battery seemed to work for me after I charged it; I even listen to my high-current, amplified soundsystem many times w/o realizing the battery charger wasn't hooked up. So, I charged it for 2 whole days, but the shipping driver said it wouldn't start, so I have a new Redtop Optima waiting for it.

let me tell you again that after replacing the points with a COMPLETE jacob's electronic ignition system and increasing the gap--up to 0.060"--the new ignition made a world of difference.

Then I had to refill the dynaflow (oh, no), which leaks. After having it shipped here, I'm planning on having a guy in MN convert my '63 Riv to a 700r4 transmission, which requires a lot of modification that I feel would be best left too the experts.

But when I got it running to go to the gas station to out air in my mostly flat tires, I got so many . I passed a guy in a chopped '50 mercury, who trailed along side me to check out the car. At the gas station 2 guys came over excited, saying, "Is that a '50's classic Buick??" I patiently saaid it was a'63 that wasn't even meant to be a Buick.

It is nice to get accolades driving your old cars around. No one with a new Bentley Continental GT gets that type of attention.