Thread: Oh to be cruising in my 57....

Talking Oh to be cruising in my 57....

I have not been a member of this site for a long time but do enjoy looking things over and asking questions about my 57. Started a frame off rebuild on a 1957 buick special, two door hardtop about two years ago. Well, you know how it goes. Seems I always run out of time or money. Sometimes both. Has been a lot of fun so far. Have the frame cleaned up and painted. Transmission is done. The engine, 364 V 8. with a 4 barral carb system is complety torn down and the block is being cleaned, new frost plugs, bearings, etc. The body is getting all the paint removed. Needs very little body work. Have not even touched the interior. Anyway hope to maybe get it togethor enough by next summer to do some crusing. Can hardly wait.

frame off

So far I have not had the guts (or money) to atempt a frame off resto yet. One thing is for sure I don't want to be stuck with no car to drive. now that I have two cars I don't have that excuse. problem is, they both need frame off resto so I am not sure which car I would do first. ha ha.

Rebecca
    1950 Buick Super Riviera
    1958 Desoto Firesweep
    http://www.pangalacticconsortium.com/cars/cars.htm