Thread: Anybody who can identify this ?

Anybody who can identify this ?

Hi there,

can anybody identify this hood ornament ? Slight resemblance to 1956er Buick (except the Eagle-head, of course)

Click Here!

Aftermarket stuff, maybe ?

Thanks for letting me know...
    Best regards
    Maikl
    Last edited by rcull; 09-26-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    A bad solution is applicable to almost every problem !

The link you have given does not work .. Can you repost ? HTH
    Guyopel
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

Hmm...

Link works with me...
    Search for 250031455150 , which is the item number.

Thanks and best regards
    Maikl

My german has gotten crappy, as i havent had to speak in in the past 7 years^^

However from what i gathered, the gentlmen selling it, said it was ON that model buick, but i think he was pushing the fact that it wassent original.
    Im guessing aftermarket on this one, but i could be wrong.

-jeff-
    68 Skylark 455
    70 Volkwagen Bus Type II
    88 Riviera
    06 Mustang V6
    06 Dodge Charger R/T
    07 Yamaha Vstar Custom

Anybody who can identify this

Here is the translation literal as it may be.

Here I offer one to you relatively well receiving cooling figure from the golden 50ern. It represents a starting jet on a length of 305 mm extremely elegantly. Playful detail thereby is that the pilotenkanzel of the jet represents a proud eagle's head! It was installed on a 56er Buick (vermutl. Special). The condition can be inferred to the photos, the tooth of the time passed also at this part not without trace. Who knows, what already came this part everything before the radiator...... The dispatch will cost 6.90 euro as insured package with DHL. Within of Austria 6.32 euro. Self-service gladly also possible, but a trip in the beautiful Salzburger country is also which!! The pictures come from me and show the too ersteigernde object of the longing original, thus not any lent pictures or so, one deeply felt much with ebay...:!! I must exclude a warranty and a cancelling as private salesmen categorically, because which the Buerokraten of the European Union invented there, each description scoffs (1 year Garantie!)...... no concern, the radiator figure is more..aber in the described condition and me no lack were noticeable! The future owner of my BUICK radiator figure much fun thereby! XXL XXL XXL XXL XXL XXL XXL Resultado - picture gallery and XXL pictures free of charge. Also in your auction! Provided through eBay turbo Lister ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To 27.09.06 the salesman added the following data: S.g. prospective customer, the figure is not from a BUICK from 56! Therefore I reserve myself to terminate the auction prematurely. Who white of which vehicle the radiator figure comes - may announce itself gladly!! Thanks. Dear bidders, the hood ornamentation is EMERGENCY from A 56 BUICK. Does anyone know which car it is from - please inform ME!! Thanks. 00141 The power OF protection from AOL and eBay. Learn more Shipping, payment detail and return policy Ships ton of Worldwide Shipping Cost services Available Available ton of EUR 6,90 DHL parcel Germany only ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Seller's payment Instructions payment on German account - naturally also on my Austrian possible. Gladly self-service! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Seller's return policy: Return policy May more differ for internationally buyers. Contact more seller for more details. Learn more. Cancelling - further one data: With Nichtfunktion within one week after receipt back dispatch at own expense possible!! Payment methods accepted Wire transfer/Direct debit Cash on pickup Learn about payment methods. Ready ton bid? help Radiator figure BUICK Special 1956 Hood ornamentation RARE ONE!! Item title: Radiator figure BUICK Special 1956 Hood ornamentation RARE ONE!! Current bid: EUR 10,50 (Approximately US $13,32) Your maximum bid: EUR (Enter EUR 11,00 or more) You wants confirm into the NEXT steps. eBay automatically bids on your managed UP ton your to maximum bid. Learn about bidding.

Well, the hint that it actually does not come off a 1956 Buick was added after I informed the seller that this is not an original 1956 Buick hood ornament !
    He told me that he had this kicking around the attic and a good friend of him (owning an Oldsmobile) helped him to identify this as a 1956 Buick ornament, which -for an non-expert- is a pretty close guess I would say...

Best regards
    Maikl