Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbe - Looking for help

Smile Newbe - Looking for help

Hi all,

I usually hang out on the Chevrolet forums because I own a 1962 Chevy BelAir Sport Coupe. My nephew just inherited a 1970 Buick Skylark, 2dr, 350-4, Auto, A/C. He has asked me to help him bring it back to life and I'm looking forward to the project. He's got to decide how far he wants to go into it ? Full restoration or just make it serviceable for school and work.

The car is very solid and a good canidate for restoration. The motor is running and doesn't smoke. The body is rust free, (a little surface rust) with a few minor dings. Most of the trim is usuable for a driver but the rear bumper is bad. The interior is worn but the dash is not cracked and the door panels are usuable for a driver, seats will need to be recovered.

So the question is where do I look for parts and supplies. In the Chevy community there are a number of suppliers for LateGreats and Tri-Fives. Are there similar suppliers for Buick ?

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on the forum and working on the Buick.
    Tanks

Nuts

Question So now what ???

Because I didn't receive a response, I don't know what to think. There are no suppliers for Buick ? I asked to hard a question ? We don't want to talk to a Chevy guy ?
    Tanks

Nuts

There are a lot of supliers for that car. Ther provider depensds on what you need. Some you are already familiar with if you have a Chevy: like Year One and Original Parts Group. Legendary Interiors also carries a line for the Skylark. TA Performance, Poston Buick, and PAE specialize in drivetrain parts and all have websites.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Thanks

Steve,

Thanks, I'll look into them. Appreciate your help...
    Tanks

Nuts

done the work and i share

awsome car.all the parts you need. buick parts n.j. 9083693666,and parts placeinc 630 3651800,colonial lowell mass 8882652842.also buy the hemmings magazine at your local book store,this should get you started ,good luck.KEEP IT ALIVE...

I just saw your original post and noticed it was dated 9 /13 so I wonder why I didn't see it before. That's probably why you didn't get an answer to your question right away. These are very nice people on this forum and ready to help no matter what car you own. As you work on the Buick and drive it you may decide to sell the Chevrolet and move up to a Buick.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Thumbs up Parts

Hey Nuts,

Welcome to "Team Buick"

Congrats on Your New Acquisition

Like Dr. FranenBuick Stated, there are a pleathra of suppliers for your Buick and he mentioned quite a few who are into the Skylark G/S Enthusiasts

If you state your needs directly instead of generalizing WE will be able to "Steer You in the Right Direction"

As far as Your Buick Goes You have "TWICE the CAR", for "HALF the Price" and a "BOWTIE" in your Rear-View Mirror,

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

whats up with this bowtie in the mirror stuff?

Talking

Hey LowBlowJoe!
    Ever Race a Chevy while Driving a Buick?

Buick Motors are increadable Torque Monsters... Off the Line

Leaving Chevys Behind........

Hence the "Bow-Tie" in the Rear-View Mirror.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Nuts,

After you get catalogs from various vendors, you can also put a note up here asking about specific parts- I've been dealing with these vendors for a few decades now, as have many others on this site, and we can usually steer you in a good direction (or away from trouble).

-Bob C.