Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Place An AD

14 days before the ad comes up for renewal, you will receive an email titled "Team Buick Renewal Notice".

It will read similar to:
    Bob, your ad on Team Buick for test ad is going to expire in 14 days.

If you have not sold your product and wish to renew your ad for an additional 15 days, please click on the link below:

If you have sold your item, please let us know by clicking on this link:

Thank you!

When you click on the link, it will open a new browser with:

Your post or edit was successful.

If you do not see this, look for an indication that your computer is trying to load a browser window or pop up and allow it. The ad should be renewed regardless.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

It doesn't work. Cookies are enabled and pop-ups aren't blocked. My browser is Firefox. Does that make a difference? Does the site need to adjust something for Firefox?

I don't know if firefox is a problem. You could try IE and see if that solves it, or maybe if there is another user using firefox maybe they can comment.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

When you click on the renewal link, what is the first thing you're supposed to see? I get the login page.

That is because you are not staying logged in. You should not have to log in each time you come to the site to post or place an ad. Your computer is not accepting cookies, or you are logging out each time you log in.

I have not tested the script for a person that does not stay logged in.

If you have cookies enabled, the next time you log in click "remember me", then, you should never have to log in again!
    Last edited by Bob; 02-20-2009 at 12:05 PM.

That's it! Thank you, Bob. Yes, I was logging out every time. When I stay logged in, the renewal works. I'm in the habit of logging out of various other sites. Should be OK now.

I'm sorry we couldn't spot the problem sooner, but it's good it's in the past now

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    erich,

With the last upgrade the option went to icons. If you hold your cursor over the icons under "user options", you will find one that says "edit ad"
    OK, I give up....where do I find "user options"? I need to change the title of my ad as the listing truncated the title I had inserted. Not a problem, but the ad title is misleading!

Thanks, Pat

Figured it out....It is under "Product Options".

Pat