Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Place An AD

I have reinstalled the script, let me know if anything changes.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

No, I'm afraid I still get daily renewal notices after clicking the link.

After all that, my ads did not renew. They're gone after I clicked the renewal link several times. How is renewal supposed to work? I shouldn't have to place the ads manually each renewal period.

I agree, I am trying to work on it, but as you know with little success.

One thing that might be causing the problem, do you have cookies enabled? Do you stay logged in when you come to the forum or do you have to log in each time. It appears that if you are not logged in, the links will not work.

I do wonder if the problem is related to your specific situation or if it is a broader problem.

Please keep complaining occasionally to let me know things are not right. If things suddenly work, please mention that too.

If anyone else is having success or failure with the renewals please post your experience.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bob; 10-16-2008 at 12:52 PM.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I log in each time I come to the forum. The link for ad renewal brings up the login page. Sometimes when attempting renewal I logged in, sometimes I didn't. I'll have to check about cookies enabled. I realize it could be a problem with my particular situation. Thanks.

OK, here we go again. It's time for my ad to be renewed. I am receiving repeated renewal notices. I click on the link each time, but the notices keep coming daily. I have cookies allowed for Team Buick. How is renewal supposed to work, and what would prevent it from working correctly?

I don't know, I just did a test and all worked well. If someone else had the problem, I wish they would help.

When you come to the site, you do not have to log in, correct?

I do not have to log in to view the site, but I log in to place or edit ads. When I click the link for renewal, I get a login page. Sometimes I log in at that point, sometimes I don't. In any case, the renewal doesn't happen.

I have ads up for renewal again and the renewal process isn't working. What exactly should we do after clicking the renewal link in the notification e-mail? Do we have to log in, or is it supposed to be enough to just click the link?

As I remember it, it brings up a window that says your ad has been renewed. Maybe someone else can describe what they had to do to renew their ad.