Thread: New wiring and generator to 3 wire alternator conversion

Flamin' Lady Guest

New wiring and generator to 3 wire alternator conversion

4 weeks ago, my 57 Buick Century's wiring started on fire = cause was combination generator/volt. reg/amp gauge. I have totally rewired her with a 22 circuit Kwik-Wire harness and converted from generator/volt. reg to a 3 wire alternator. I have headlights/taillights/left brake light/dash lights/ high-low beams/ dimmer works - have to splice into wires for fuel gauge and dome light since the guy that helped me for one day cut all the wires and I'm just running the new wiring into the old on those two things so I don't have to tear out my headliner or drop my gas tank right now. But, she just won't start - won't turn over, nothing. Can someone tell me how to hook it up so I can retain my starter in the floor? The guys that made my wiring harness aren't knowledgable on the push gas to start feature so am at a loss = and apparently it didn't work too well trying to run the wiring like the original schematics along with the new ones for the harness. I also don't have any backup lights either although I do have them hooked into the panel correctly. HELP TIA

Your wiring diagrams are posted here...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Flamin' Lady Guest

Have diagram

I have the wiring diagram - all except for the dome light circuit - however, that's for the generator and I need schematics for new wiring harness and alternator. Thanks for the site though.